- Click New button and choose Managed Meta Data Service
- Fill in details
- Name: Managed Metadata Service
- SQL Database Name: Managed_Metadata_Service_DB
- use default app pool
- Start the service
- On the Manage service applications screen, click on the second line for the Managed Meta Data service - just to the right of the name and click the properties button.
- Select "This service app is the default storage location for column specific term sets". This makes it so you can use the term set for navigation.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Create Managed Meta Data Service in SharePoint 2013
The Managed Meta Data service is required for User Profile and search. It's easiest to do this service through Central Admin. Go to Central Admin > Application management > Manage service applications.