Windows Server 2008From your start menu, choose Run. Type in msconfig. The System Configuration window pops up.
Choose Change UAC Settings and click the Launch button. The UAC Settings window pops up.
Windows Server 2012Turning off UAC in Windows Server 2012 is a little more involved. The first part is the same as listed above. After that, a registry change is required to fully disable UAC. I could not install my SharePoint CUs with the UAC not fully disabled.
- From start menu, choose Run and type msconfig.
- Choose Change UAC Settings and Launch the program.
- Slide the bar to Never Notify.
- From start menu, choose Run and type in regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
- Change the DWORD "EnableLUA" from 1 to 0
- Reboot Server